Friday, October 11, 2024

Navika Kotia recalls working with Sridevi in English Vinglish: says, “That film has given me so much as an actor”

Navika Kotia began her career with print ads and catalogue shoots. Her breakthrough came when audiences saw her in English Vinglish as the child who criticized her mother for not speaking English properly.

Over the years, Navika Kotia has worked on several projects and is now part of the show School Friends, which is two seasons in with more to come. In the show, she plays the character Stuti in an ensemble cast.

Talking about the show, Navika said, “I have always been very studious in my school, there are a lot of similarities between me and my character. Although, the show is about kids in the Xth standard, it also deals with the complexities an adolescent goes through in that particular age.”

Talking about English Vinglish and it's twelfth year anniversary, Navika said, “That film has given me so much as an actor. Imagine working with a legend at a nascent age when you don't even know a lot of things. But I remember how I never felt like I was working with a superstar because she never threw her weight around. All the time that I spent in New York are the most memorable days of my childhood.”

She further added, “I feel the film is a benchmark in itself because, When I saw the film back to back as a child, I never understood it. But sometime back when I saw the film again, after it completed a decade, I was taken aback. I never knew what I was stepping into. As an adult I would want to be a part of such content which is fundamentally radical.”

On the work front, Navika is now ruling the charts with her latest performance in School Friends.



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/xZOdDfv

No comments:

Post a Comment