Sunday, October 13, 2024

Alia Bhatt reveals how Highway, Udta Punjab, and Gangubai Kathiawadi changed her; says, “I don't think I was the same actor after I walked off that set”

Being one of the most popular female stars of the country, Alia Bhatt has garnered much love from audiences over the years. The actress, who is appreciated for her power-packed performance in many of her films, recently traced her journey where she discussed about the films that have left a major impact on her and named Highway, Udta Punjab, and Gangubai Kathiawadi which have been the important milestones of her filmography.

Discussing performances that have brought the biggest change in her, Alia Bhatt shared in IMDb’s Icons Only Segment, "I think the first film where I felt a significant shift in my personality was the film Highway (2014). Maybe it was because I was on the road for so long, away from home. The first time I really had an experience like that was like going away to college but only my college was a film set." She continued, "Perhaps after that, it was a film like Udta Punjab (2016) which was a character that made me very uncomfortable. But I think this is the first and only film that I have gone method on. I actually physically shut down from the rest of the world, emotionally shut down for the time period that I was shooting the film. Lastly, a film like Gangubai Kathiawadi (2022) - I don't think I was the same actor after I walked off that set, only because of the experience. It was being directed by Mr. Sanjay Leela Bhansali and you're never the same actor after you're directed by him."

In the same interaction, the actress also opened up about the films of hers and husband Ranbir Kapoor’s that she would want their daughter Raha to watch when she grows up. She said, "I think for me, maybe Student of the Year (2012) because honestly, it's the youngest, most chill film that kids could watch. And that is my first film. Although I am not really proud of my performance in that film, but it's full of songs, and I think she would really enjoy that." For Ranbir, Alia chose Barfi! (2012). "I think that's a very child-friendly film," she added.

Also Read: Alia Bhatt reveals she wants to have ‘more babies’ with Ranbir Kapoor; says, “I want a healthy, happy, simple, quiet, peaceful, full-of-nature life”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/4DjU7ex

No comments:

Post a Comment