Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Annu Kapoor reveals Priyanka Chopra was uncomfortable over a ‘kiss scene’ in Saat Khoon Maaf; says, “She would’ve had no objection had I been the hero”

Priyanka Chopra starrer Saat Khoon Maaf which featured her with a bevy of popular Bollywood actors, from Neil Nitin Mukesh to John Abraham to Irrfan Khan, to Annu Kapoor, was directed by Vishal Bhardwaj. Being adapted from a Ruskin Bond novel ‘Susanna’s Seven Husbands’, the story featured several intimate and violent scenes too. Annu Kapoor who played her fifth husband Inspector Keemat Lal in the movie, recalled the shooting of the movie and revealed that PC was uncomfortable with their kissing scene.

In a podcast with ANI, Annu Kapoor recalled the incident where Vishal Bhardwaj told him about Priyanka Chopra not being comfortable with the intimate scene. While Annu asked Vishal to change the scene, the latter, however, remained insistent on it. “Vishal Bhardwaj told me that she is being shy. I told him, ‘If she’s uncomfortable, remove the scene’. But he said, ‘Why should I remove the scene? It’s important’. I’m a serious man, I don’t enjoy joking around on set. I got over with the combined shots. When it came to my solo shots, even assistants were impressed how I managed to perform them,” Annu stated in the podcast.

He went on to share that the actress may not have been this uncomfortable if he was a quintessential hero. “It’s obvious to me that Priyanka Chopra would’ve had no objection had I been the hero. Here I am, no personality, no looks, that’s why she had a problem. This made her very upset, I don’t know why,” he added.

In the past, Priyanka Chopra had shared her anger over a few comments made by Annu Kapoor regarding doing intimate scenes with the actress in the Vishal Bhardwaj thriller. “If he wants to do intimate scenes and pass such cheap comments, then he should do those kind of films. Such scenes were never part of our film,” she said, adding, “I don’t think he knew that his comments would upset me. But, his statements have really upset me. It was very wrong of him to speak the way he did.”, she had told Hindustan Times in 2011.

Also Read: Priyanka Chopra shares sweet birthday wish to ‘Tisha’ Parineeti Chopra



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/wJBO6Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment